Potentials of Innovative Tourism, Cultural Heritage and Creative Industries for the Green Recovery
transnational seminar/meeting, Urban planning institute RS as part of the project CREATOURES (INTERREG ADRION Programme), 23. 3. 2021 and 24. 3. 2021, online
Urban Planning Institute of the Republic of Slovenia (www.uirs.si) organized a Transnational seminar/meeting titled: Potentials of Innovative Tourism, Cultural Heritage and Creative Industries for the Green Recovery. The meeting was organized as part of the Project CREATOURES (INTERREG ADRION Programme).
The transnational CREATURES seminar took place online on the MS Teams platform on 23.3.2021 and 24.3.2021. We hosted several prominent keynote speakers such as:
- Pietro Elisei, PhD., President of the ISOCARP (International Society of City and Regional Planners),
- Aša Rogelj, M.Sc., Deputy director, Spatial Planning, Construction and Housing Directorate, Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning of the Republic of Slovenia,
- Mart Grisel, M.Sc. Director, European Urban Knowledge Network,
- Gorazd Jenko, Senior expert, Government Office for Development and European Cohesion Policy,
- Petra Stušek, M.Sc., Managing director of Ljubljana Tourism
- Neda Rusjan Bric, Nova Gorica/Gorizia - European Capital of Culture 2025, head of the project and
- Anja Zorko, M.Sc., Director, Center za Kreativnost, Centre for Creativity
We welcomed 81 registered active participants on the first day and 57 on the second day. The event also hosted a Round table and a Group interview with stakeholders from different sectors. Since the project CREATURES wants to develop new creative and innovative tourist products, we also organized two interactive virtual Study tours (Metelkova city and Plečnik's Ljubljana).
About CREATOURES project
CREATURES project aims at preserving cultural heritage, promoting sustainable and experiential tourism in the ADRION Region by exploiting Cultural&Creative Industries’(CCI) potential, finding a right balance between innovation and conservation of the Adrion rich cultural heritage.
The Project will develop actions and tools for raising competencies, support decision making processes and test the solution proposed. Boštjan Cotič is managing the project at the UIRS. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About the Urban Planning institute of the Republic of Slovenia
The Urban Planning Institute of the Republic of Slovenia (UIRS) is the main national scholarly research institution in the field of spatial, regional and urban planning and related discipline. Founded in 1955 as a research and consultancy agency, UIRS was transformed into a public research organisation in 1993, a status which continues to apply to date. The UIRS currently comprises 26 researchers, four administration personnel and one librarian. The strongly interdisciplinary research group is made up of experts with a broad range of academic backgrounds.