Achieving excellent scientific research results
UIRS has a Research Programme Group which is co-financed by the state budget within the framework of the Spatial Planning Programme.
The fundamental principle of work of the Research Programme Group is the achievement of excellent scientific research results through the performance of high quality research, both basic and applicative.
The means of achieving this objective include, among others:
- Conducting high scientific quality research
- Application of scientific research methodologies which enable the achievement of optimum research results
- Development of innovative solutions which have the potential for international transferability
- Presentation of research findings at scientific conferences at home and abroad
- Publication of scientific articles in domestic and internationally recognised scholarly journals.
Facilitating linkages between research and the implementation of its findings in practice
The UIRS pays particular attention to sustainable development issues, at all levels, when conducting research in the areas of spatial planning and design, environmental protection, preservation of cultural heritage, housing, transport and spatial informatics.
UIRS thus strives to search for opportunities to conduct operational projects (e.g., case studies), which enable the simultaneous testing and implementation of research results in practice.
UIRS also provides state institutions knowledge and consultancy services during the process of drafting of or preparing amendments to legislation and other regulations concerning spatial planning.